Some people do buy houses without first seeking building advice from a professional. We believe this is a gamble – the buyer may be fine with their purchase, but many others will end up with a house that has substantial amounts of rot or other serious problems that are not obvious to the untrained eye. Worst case scenario, this gamble can land you with a leaky home.
The cost of repairing houses like this can add substantially to the original cost of purchasing the house. In these cases, it would have been far cheaper for the potential buyer to invest in a house inspection first and potentially save tens of thousands of dollars by not buying that particular house. Even if they do decide to buy the house, an inspection will at least let the buyer know what they are getting themselves into and they can budget for this.
If you are going to buy a house, cover your investment by getting it professionally inspected first. With Professional House Inspections, you know that you are getting the best inspection on the market:
- All inspections are carried out to NZS 4306 Residential Property Inspection standards.
- Prompt and professional service with a full and detailed inspection report
- Inspections are carried out by a fully qualified Licensed Building Practitioner with over 30 years experience in the building industry, including experience in identifying and fixing leaky buildings.
- We carry full public liability and professional indemnity insurance.
You bet it is! Through our experience in the building industry, we’ve met many property owners who thought they would save money by not getting a pre-purchase inspection, or by getting the cheapest inspection on the market, and have ended up with a leaky home with a 6-figure repair bill.
- Our prices start from $690 for an inspection of a standard sized house.
Prices can depend on the complexity of the house, so If the property you are looking at is multi-storey or larger than average, or has additional buildings, such as a sleepout or sheds that you would like inspected, please contact us to organize a quote. We charge travel costs for all inspections that are outside of the Palmerston North City boundaries at $1/km vehicle costs and $50/hour for travel time.
All prices quoted here include GST.